The University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) provide CICOPS Reasarch Scholarships to visiting scholars for the year 2023 for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the university.
Scholarships are designed for both junior and senior members of Universities in Developing
Countries or members of major research centres and international organisations or institutions with specific interest in the field of development studies.
CICOPS (Committee for International Cooperation for Development) was established in 1987 in order to promote cooperation with developing countries and stimulate relations between the University of Pavia and universities in developing countries.
- Host Country: Italy
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | €600 monthly stipend | Accommodation | Meals
- Deadline: May 31, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
CICOPS Scholarships programme is a sponsorship arrangement between the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies).
CICOPS scholarships are reserved for research collaboration in the short term in order to
encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries.
To be considered for the CICOPS Research Scholarships, you must:
- Applicants must have at least two years of either teaching experience or activity within
international organisations and institutions.
- Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- In order to encourage contact between staff and students, the period of stay should take place within the following dates: January 9th – July 21st 2023 and September 11th – December 20th 2023.
- Invitation letter in support of the visa request (with prior arrangements and in
special cases a contribution for visa issuing will be granted)
- A return flight ticket (economy class)
- Stipulate a health insurance policy and personal accident insurance
- Accommodation at a University College for the period of stay in Pavia
- A card for meals at University canteens
- A contribution of 150.00 Euro (gross) per week
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Curriculum vitae ideally in European format with a list of publications
(file to be named: Surname_Name_CV)
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom you intend to collaborate
(file to be named: Surname_Name_Letter)
- The uploaded documents should be named as mentioned above.
- Applications without a correctly named curriculum vitae and invitation letter will not be taken into consideration.
- Please only fill in your application form once you have received the letter of acceptance by your contact Professor at the University of Pavia.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the button below to commence their applications.
A decision will be made by June 30th 2022 by a Committee composed of the President of CICOPS and another two members designated by the Rector.