The 2022 Italian Government Scholarships for International Students has opened applications for interested and qualified candidates willing to pursue a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Italy.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship comes with a full tuition waiver, €2,700 study grants, and health insurance for the whole period of your study.
Studying in Italy exposes you to an outstanding educational system based on solid notions, scientific methods, and a creative approach. Additionally, there is a wide offer of courses taught in English in a dynamic and pleasant environment.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: Italy
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Full Tuition waiver
- €2,700 Annual Grants
- Deadline: June 9, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE).
The aim of these scholarships is fostering international cultural cooperation, spreading the Italian language, culture and science knowledge and promoting the economic and technological sectors of Italy all around the world.
Scholarships can be awarded only for study/ research projects at institutions within the Italian public education and research system.
To be considered for the Italian Government Scholarship, you must:
Be a foreign student not residing in Italy or an Italian citizen living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll in the Italian University/Institute.
Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
Language proficiency: Applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian or English language.
The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Grantees can benefit of the grant in a period of study starting November 1st, 2022 and ending by October 31st 2023.
- The scholarship holders are exempt from the payment of the university tuition fees, in accordance with existing regulations. However the Universities, as part of their autonomy, may not allow such exemption. Candidates are therefore recommended to contact the chosen Institution in order to be informed on eventual taxes or tuition fees.
- For the sole period of the scholarships granted by the Italian Government, the scholarship-holders are covered by an insurance policy against illness and/or accident. Air tickets are not granted, except for Chilean citizens.
Method of Application
We recommend to register through a frequently used email address, as further communications will be sent to the chosen email address.
Applications will be evaluated by a Committee set up by the competent Italian Diplomatic Mission.
Grants will be awarded on the basis of a comparative assessment of applications according to the entry requirements and other criteria of merit related to applicant’s cv.
Read more about the scholarship here should you need more info.