The University of Bologna has rolled out grant and tuition fee waivers to deserving international students who wish to register for First Cycle, Second Cycle or Single Cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna for a.y. 2022/23.
This Scholarships are segmented into two parts;
- study grants of €11,000 gross (Unibo Action 2);
- tuition fee waivers (Unibo Action 1).
The study grants and the tuition fee waivers are assigned on the basis of SAT and GRE, and some TOLC tests, for one academic year.
You can apply for Unibo Action 1&2 if:
- you are in possession of (or about to obtain) a valid qualification for access to your chosen degree programme, issued by an Institution outside of the Italian education system. Students holding a diploma issued by an Italian school established outside Italy can apply as well.
- You will take one of the following tests by the application deadline:
– if you are interested in registering in a First or Single Cycle Degree Programme, the SAT and/or TOLC test
– if you are interested in registering in a Second Cycle Degree Programme, the GRE test.
- You are less than 30 years old upon the deadline of the call for application.
The SAT, GRE and TOLC are aptitude and skills assessment tests which can be taken in authorised centres in several countries around the world and online (if this modality is offered by the managing institutions). You must register for the tests on the websites of managing institutions.
SAT And GRE tests are in English. TOLC test is available in English and Italian language.
You can find more information in the call for applications.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
• For First Cycle and Single Cycle degree programmes: 3 study grants worth € 11.059 each (Unibo Action 2) and full tuition fee waivers for a total amount of €20,000 (Unibo Action 1) – to be confirmed in the next call of applications
• For Second Cycle degree programmes: 15 study grants worth €11.059 each (Unibo Action 2) and full tuition fee waivers for a total amount of €80.000 (Unibo Action 1)
Each Unibo Action 2 study grants are awarded for one academic year only and amounts to a total of €11.059, gross of all charges for the beneficiary’s account.
Each Unibo Action 1 full tuition waivers are awarded for one academic year only. Students who are awarded the waivers must pay €157.04 in regional taxes, the duty stamp and insurance premium (amount subject to change).
These study grants and waivers are awarded on the basis of GRE (General Test) test results (all sections included).
Tests must have been taken after 31 March 2017, otherwise they won’t be considered.
The minimum scores required are:
- Verbal Reasoning + Quantitative Reasoning = 290
- Analytical Writing = 3.0
Candidates holding scores lower than the minimum required will not be admitted to the selection.
Method of Application
Applications must be submitted by 31 March 2022 (Second Cycle Programmes) or end of April 2022 (First or Single Cycle Programmes), exclusively through Studenti Online, as explained in the call for applications.
It is important to read the 2022/23 Call for Applications (GRE) or 2022/23 Call for Applications (SAT) (to follow) and visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.