Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships support foreign students who study in higher education institutions, selected on the recommendation of Japanese Embassy/Consulate General, University, or Authority.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship of Embassy Recommendation is now open for the 2024 session.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: Japan
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | 117,000 yen per month Allowance | Travel Allowance
- Deadline: June 30, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
There are two ways to apply for a Japanese Government Scholarship: by applying to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) with a recommendation from a Japanese embassy or other Japanese diplomatic mission in your country, or
By applying to the MEXT with a recommendation from a Japanese university.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
|Research Students||You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years of schooling.|
|Teacher Training Students||You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary or teacher training college in your country. (Please note that college and university teachers currently in active service are not considered for this scholarship).|
|Undergraduate Students||You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates).|
|Japanese Studies Students||You must be from 18 to 30 years old. You must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools which major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.|
|College Of Technology Students||You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed school education comparable to a high school (a minimum of 11 years beginning in primary school) education (includes prospective graduates).|
|Specialized Training College Students||You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of schooling or have completed school education comparable to a Japanese high school (includes prospective graduates).|
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-UAE: 2023 United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) Scholarships for International Students
APPLY: 2023 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) For International Students
Study-In-China: 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship Program for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: MEXT will stipulate the travel schedule and route, and provide an airline ticket to grantees who will arrive in Japan and also return ticket at the end of the programme.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
Deadline: June 30, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region