Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is offered to international students who want to pursue Bachelor, Masters and PhD degrees in Korean Universities.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
In 2024, the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite international students who wish to pursue undergraduate degrees in Korea.
The scholarship is aimed to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders and to strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
- Host: Korean Government
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Montly Stipends | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: October 15, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
In 2024, the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite international students who wish to purse undergraduate degrees in Korea.
Applicants must apply either to a Korean Embassy where they hold citizenship (embassy track) or directly to one of the designated universities (university track).
Please contact the first ground of selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection.
To be eligible for the Korean Government Scholarship:
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea in pursuit of academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries
- Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea – The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED
- The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates among those who passed the 1st round.
- Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
Method of Application
Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection.
Applicants can apply for the Korean Government Scholarship through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.
Check through the document below for proper directive.