The 2022 Malaysia International Scholarships is now open for interested and qualified applicants willing to study in Malaysian universities.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity covering tuition fees and an annual living allowance of $4,036 for successful candidates.
International students also get the chance to further their studies in leading Malaysian universities and higher education institutions with the opportunity to enjoy Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education experience.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: Malaysia
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition waiver
- $4,036 living stipends
- Deadline: June 15, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia.
This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centres of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad.
Eligible candidates for the Malaysia International Scholarships are;
- Graduates from the recipient countries of MIS 2022 who:
- intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia; or
- are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
- who are not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possess good academic qualifications:
- Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
- PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
i. Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
ii. Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
iii. Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and a monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month ($4,036 annually).
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
Applicants will have to provide all the necessary information and have the compulsory documents listed below scanned and saved in PDF format and later uploaded to the online
- Application Form;
- A certified copy of the Passport as evidence of nationality (with a minimum validity of 6 months);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s):
- Transcripts of; undergraduate studies (additional of Master’s degree transcript for PhD applicants)
- Reflect the record of all the courses taken throughout the previous study programme(s)
- Must be submitted together with a certified official document issued by the applicant’s
alma mater describing the institution’s grading system if the applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks, or score percentile.
- A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement Form;
- Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
Areas of Study
Applicants are welcome to apply for any accredited courses with priorities given to courses under the following areas of study:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences, Journalism and Information
- Business, Administration , and Law
- Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Statistics
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Engineering, Manufacturing, and Construction
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
- Health and Welfare *not including medicine, nursing and
Method of Application
- Application for MIS can be accessed on the online application system
- Click here to read more about the Malaysian International scholarship
- Interested and qualified applicants can proceed to begin their application by clicking the link below.