The Universiti Malaya Financial Aid Scholarships are now open for international students seeking a postgraduate degree in Malaysia.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Successful applicants will receive a living allowance and up to 100% fee waiver and a living stipend to $5,448 for the applied semester.
University of Malaya is ranked 65 in QS World University Rankings by TopUniversities and has an overall score of 4.1 stars, according to student reviews on Studyportals, the best place to find out how students rate their study and living experience at universities from all over the world.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: Malaysia
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- 100% Tuition waiver
- Up to $5,448 Annual Stipends
- Deadline: August 31, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Universiti Malaya would like to invite postgraduate candidates to apply for the Universiti Malaya Student Financial Aid award. This scheme is open to local and international candidates enrolled (active status) in Master’s (research mode) or Doctoral programme.
The Universita Malaya Financial Aid Scholarships scheme is open to local and international postgraduate candidates enrolled in Master’s (full research) or Doctorate programme at Universiti Malaya (UM).
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be a local and international postgraduate candidate enrolled in Master’s (full research) or Doctorate programme at Universiti Malaya (UM).
- have been offered as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) by UM for a period of at least four (4) months for the applied semester (to apply for GRA, go to https://ra-recruitment.um.edu.my/)
- not be sponsored by any federal/state/statutory body or any other organisation.
- be free from any debt / outstanding fees with UM.
- be within the Graduate on Time (GOT) period of candidature at the time of application, i.e.:
- For Masters programmes – 5th semester and below*
- For Doctorate programmes – 7th semester and below*
* The candidate’s Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) must still be active.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Successful applicants will receive a tuition fee waiver or discount for the applied semester based on the following rates:
Stipend Amount Paid by
Research Grant (RM)
Fee Waiver / Discount Rate (%)
1,000 – 2,000
2,001 – 2,500
2,501 – 3,000
3,001 – 3,500
3,501 – 4,000
4,001 and above
Method of Application
- Applications must be submitted online via maya.um.edu.my > Finance > Scholarship. Applications submitted in hard copy format will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to upload their previous and latest Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) offer letter in the online application system.
- The GRA offer letter must have been issued by the Institute of Research Management & Services (IPPP), Universiti Malaya.
- Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
- Applicants are only allowed to submit their application once for a particular semester and must ensure that the online application form is duly completed together with the required supplementing documents. Incomplete applications or applications with fraudulent documents will be rejected and any appeal will not be entertained. Please take note that the decision on the selection of candidates for this scheme is final.
- Click on the button below to begin the application process if you are qualified and eligible.