The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €30.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme, a primary education programme, or secondary education programme in the Netherlands. Students who completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not over 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2023/24 scholarship programme applicants.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship covers living expenses (€12,350 – 13 months; €23,750 – 25 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application costs (€207), tuition fee (at cost), and pre-academic training costs.
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s programme – 13 months for a one-year master’s programme and 25 months for a two-year master’s programme.
Step 1: The UM International Services Desk checks if all applications are complete after 1 February 2023.
Step 2: The UM International Services Desk sends all complete applications to each UM Faculty in February 2023.
Step 3: Each Faculty selects and ranks their top 5% of scholarship applicants and sends these to the UM International Services Desk for a final check in March 2023.
Step 4: The UM International Services Desk confirms the Faculty selections by the end of March 2023.
Step 5: The UM International Services Desk will inform all candidates of their application status in April 2023. Your status will be selected, waitlisted or rejected by the beginning of May 2023 at the latest. Waitlisted application statuses will be changed to selected or rejected by May 2023. Scholarship awardees will receive more information about the UM Pre-Academic Training programme and arrival in Maastricht upon receiving their award letters. The UM Pre-Academic Training is a three-week mandatory component of the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme. The Pre-Academic Training takes place in August 2023.
Step 6: You must sign and return the award letter to the UM International Services Desk to accept the scholarship.
Method of Application
To apply for the scholarship, you must first register for one of the participating Master’s Programme (MA) at Maastricht University.
Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number which you will need in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. You must then fill in the application form, upload the required documents, and submit your application online. The application deadline is 1 February 2023.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.