The Wageningen University Africa Scholarship program offers talented and motivated students from Africa the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Wageningen University and to support capacity building in Africa.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The University Fund Wageningen stimulates the development of academic talent, enables groundbreaking research and rewards excellent education and research at Wageningen University & Research.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host Country: Netherlands
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Health Insurance | other allowances
- Deadline: February 1, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The strength of Wageningen University & Research lies in its ability to join the forces of specialised research institutes and the university. It also lies in the combined efforts of the various fields of natural and social sciences. This union of expertise leads to scientific breakthroughs that can quickly be put into practice and be incorporated into education.
To be considered for the Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- have applied for one the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline.
3. Be uncondittionally amitted to this MSc programme.
4. You are an excellent and a proven top 5% student with a First class honours degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree.
Only if you meet all of the above mentioned requirements you can be eligible for an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Programme selection procedure.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Slovakia: 2024 Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program For International Students
Study-In-Germany: 2023 Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Travel to and from The Netherlands
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Tuition fee coverage for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
Interested candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Transcript of academic records
- Proof of English proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement regarding prior education
Method of Selection
The selection procedure for this scholarship is based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly.
If the requirements that are stated above apply to you, and you have applied for an MSc programme before the given deadline, you could be eligible for an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Programme selection procedure.
In March 2024, all students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Africa Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on March 21, 2024 to participate in the ASP selection procedure. Only candidates who are invited to take part in the selection procedure will receive an e-mail.
he selected candidates will be invited to write an assignment for which the deadline will be April 4, 2024.
fter a thorough assessment of all received assignments, a smaller selection of candidates will be invited for an online interview with a part of the selection committee. Candidates who have submitted an assignment will be informed on April 17, 2024 whether or not they will be invited for an online interview.
The interviews will take place between April 23 and May 3, 2024.
On May 13, 2024, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates who were interviewed.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an ASP scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no ASP scholarship will be granted.