The 2022 Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships are now open for eligible international students to pursue a PhD in New Zealand.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity to study at the best universities in New Zealand, and it covers the full costs of study and sufficient living stipends.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- Visa Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students to study in the UK | offers Full Scholarships and £9,200 annual stipend.
- Government of Japan MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $12,724 annual stipends
- Boston University Presidential Scholarships for International Students to study in the USA | offers Full Scholarships and $25,000 annual stipends
New Zealand in support of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA), is pleased to offer a PhD scholarship for students from developing countries.
This scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to come to New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation.
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
The scholarship is supported by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must satisfy the following:
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- Meet the requirements to enrol for a PhD programme at the selected University
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- You must be from a developing country. Check here for current classification.
- You can apply to one of the available projects.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship will the full costs of your study in terms of tuition fees and sufficient annual living stipends.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificate of completion
- One Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
- You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees.
Method of Application
To apply, submit your application via the Education New Zealand online application portal using the button below.