The Ferrier Research Institute at The Victoria University of Wellington is offering eligible and qualified international students the scholarship to pursue a Masters Degree in the university.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarships is a $15,000 grant awarded to successful candidates as support towards the tuition fees.
Victoria University of Wellington is a globally ranked, research-intensive university and the first-ranked university in New Zealand for research quality. Its research is robust, relevant and multi-disciplinary, drawing together expertise from across the University to address local, national, and global challenges.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The Chevening Scholarship Awards for International Students to study in the UK | offers Full Scholarships, Accommodation, Visa, Travel, and Living expenses
- The King’s College London Bosco & Emily Scholarship for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships worth £22,500.
- 2022 North American University Foundation Scholarships for International Students to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships with $22,500 per year.
Table of Contents
The Ferrier Research Institute is offering eligible international candidates the opportunity to apply for a scholarship to do a taught Master’s programme, the Master of Drug Discovery and Development at Victoria University of Wellington.
The Ferrier Research Institute at Victoria University of Wellington, is leading the delivery of an exciting taught Master’s programme, the Master of Drug Discovery and Development. This programme will equip graduates with the tools to enter the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and agrichemical sectors.
The programme has been designed in consultation with international leaders in the pharmaceutical and related fields. In addition to a research project, students will benefit from coursework in a series of interdisciplinary subjects ranging from medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical analytical chemistry and the formulation of drugs, to the regulatory framework in which pharmaceutical and similar companies operate and strategies to protect intellectual property.
This degree is designed to provide students with a broad grasp of the pharmaceutical environment and can lead to PhD study in a related field.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- be an international student
- must have an undergraduate degree in Chemistry or a relevant life science subject such as Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or other relevant subject, with an average of at least a B+ in 300-level Chemistry.
- meet programme-specific eligibility criteria and University eligibility criteria.
- obtain a suitable visa in order to study in New Zealand.
- be intending to enrol in a taught Master’s programme (Master of Drug Discovery and Development) at Victoria University of Wellington.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship will offer successful international students a study grant of $15,000 payable towards the tuition fees.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- A CV
- A letter of motivation
- Two referee reports (at least one from an academic/research supervisor of the candidate)
Method of Application
Applications will be accepted at any time, and reviewed on an ad-hoc basis.
Applicants should submit their applications by email to Simon.Hinkley@vuw.ac.nz, including copies of complete academic transcripts, degree certificates, CV (including the contact details of at least two academic referees who are familiar with the candidate, e.g. university lecturers at 300 level or higher, supervisors of research projects, etc), letter of motivation and referee reports (at least one from an academic/research supervisor of the candidate).
Successful candidates will be chosen by a selection panel of relevant Ferrier Research Institute staff.
Selection criteria include academic performance, publications and/or conference proceedings, referee reports, and any other tangible demonstration of academic or research ability.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to begin their application.