Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship experience from developing your mind and your career, to enjoying the relaxed Kiwi lifestyle and culture, has the potential to shape your life in the most enriching ways.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
We are sure that securing a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship and studying abroad in New Zealand will be one of the best things you ever do. Watch the video to find out what our scholars say about studying on a full government scholarship in New Zealand:
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | NZ$531 Weekly Stipends | Travel Allowance | Accommodation.
- Deadline: February 28, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Our scholars tell us they love studying and living in New Zealand. Come and join them, and experience these benefits:
- You will gain a world-class education and better career prospects: All New Zealand universities are in the top 3% of universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings(external link).
- You will gain leadership skills and practical skills to share with your country: Your study programme will relate to your country’s human resource and development needs. After your study, you will return home to make a positive difference in your home country.
- You will feel welcome in New Zealand’s multi-cultural society that proudly celebrates its bicultural heritage. Around 15% of Kiwis are indigenous Māori, 12% are Asian and 7.5% are Pacific Islanders.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- To apply for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship, you must be 18 years old or older when you start your scholarship. This means if you are 17 years of age when you apply, you must have your 18th birthday before you start your scholarship in semester one.
- Successful scholarship applicants must meet both the academic entry requirements and the English language requirements determined by each education institution.
Postgraduate scholarship applicants and applicants who finished high school more than 3 years ago, must have relevant work experience. Work experience can be paid, unpaid or voluntary, and must meet the following criteria:
- One year of full-time work experience (i.e. 30 hours or more per week), OR
- Two years of part-time work experience (i.e. up to 29 hours per week).
We accept test scores from these four English competency testing systems:
- IELTS (the International English Language Testing System) OR
- TOEFL (the Test of English as a Foreign Language) OR
- PTE Academic (the Pearson Test of English Academic) OR
- Cambridge Academic English (advanced).
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Belgium: 2023 Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students
APPLY: 2023 World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme for Developing Countries
Study-In-Germany: 2023 German Government DAAD Scholarships for International Students
APPLY: 2023 Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
Scholarship Duration and Reward
With a full Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship, scholars studying in New Zealand receive:
- full tuition fees.
- living allowance (a stipend) of NZ$531 per week. This will help with a scholar’s basic living expenses. If you commence your study programme online in your home country, your stipend will be adjusted to reflect the difference in living costs around the world.
- an establishment allowance of NZ$3000. This is to help with set-up costs in New Zealand. For example, you can use it for accommodation expenses, text books, or other study materials.
- medical insurance when you are in New Zealand.
tutoring costs up to the value of NZ$1000, to assist with the cost of additional tutoring while you are studying if needed.
- travel to and from your own country. This is for travel from your own country at the start of the scholarship, and for return travel at the end of your scholarship.
- travel insurance.
- travel home during your scholarship. Scholars studying over 1.6 years are entitled to travel home to visit family. We usually allow for one or two trips, depending on the length of your scholarship. However, this is subject to border settings and other restrictions.
managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ): This is no longer required when entering New Zealand. We will provide support towards costs of MIQ upon return to your home country, if this is mandatory and your home government does not already cover this cost.
reimbursement for the costs of COVID-19 vaccinations if required by your study country or transit country, and for the costs of any COVID-19 pre-departure tests. Please note: costs will not be reimbursed for dependent family members. Scholars will need to meet the requirements stipulated by national governments and/or airlines with regard to the type of COVID-19 vaccination and COVID-19 pre-departure test deemed acceptable. MFAT will only cover costs if a charge is occurred and a receipt is provided.
reintegration allowance of NZ$1000. This is to help with set-up costs upon your return to your home country.
- help with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students.
We use these guidelines to select applicants with very good character, ethics and abilities.
In general, we want scholars with these attributes:
- They have a strong academic ability.
- They show commitment to the social and economic development of their country.
- They are 39 years or younger when the scholarship starts.
- They choose courses that align with our recommended subjects.
- They want to encourage positive relations with New Zealand now and in the future.
- They are seeking to undertake a qualification that progresses on from their highest qualification.
Method of Application
The scholarship application process differs depending on which country or region you are from.
The 2023 tertiary Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships application portal will open midnight 1 February 2023 and close midday 28 February 2023 for all eligible countries and regions.
Use the link below to apply
Deadline: February 28, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region