Several Norwegian University of Science and Technology Scholarships and positions are currently open for eligible and interested students willing to study in Europe.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology Scholarships are offered to PhD candidates studying in the University with an annual stipend of €48,858.
Successful candidates are also eligible for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (2% annually), courses and other educational measures, pensions and insurance schemes, opportunities for flexible working hours and holidays, and various discounts and offers.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- The Missouri University of Science and Technology Scholarship for International Students in the USA | offers Full Scholarships and $24,000 annual stipends
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway inviting application for funded PhD Programs or fully funded PhD Scholarship.
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is one of the largest university in the world with thousands of employees, students, and research scientists are involved in the innovation of science and technology daily.
To be considered for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology Scholarships, you must:
- Hold a master’s degree or equivalent and a strong academic record,
- must have obtained a B or better during your last 2 years of study (corresponding to 120 credits/ECTS).
- meet the required criteria for PhD programme in your respective department.
- have very good English language skills, written and spoken.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Netherlands: 2023 Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS) For International Students
Study-In-Switzerland: 2022 University of Geneva Excellence Masters Scholarship for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Public universities in Norway do not charge students tuition fees, regardless of the student’s country of origin. This is a unique opportunity to obtain a degree at a quality university at no cost, and one of many reasons why Norway has become an attractive country for foreign students.
- During the employment period at NTNU, the PhD candidate will be remunerated at gross NOK 491 200 per annum. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- The employment contract is for three years; however, there is a possibility for extension up to four years if selected for assistantship.
- Several other benefits include courses and other educational measures, pensions and insurance schemes, opportunities for flexible working hours and holidays, to various discounts and offers. More details here
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A cover letter where the applicant describes the personal motivation, summarising their scientific work, and how the applicant sees her/his background suitable
- A draft research proposal (1 or 2 pages) for the PhD study, where the candidate presents her/his own ideas for the PhD-work and how it can be applied, based on the project description given in this advertisement. This proposal will be neither final nor binding for the project.
- CV (summarising education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity).
- Copies of educational certificates, academic transcript of records and letters of recommendation. Applicants from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a diploma supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study programme and grading system.
- The required documentation of English language proficiency.
- Names and contact information of at least two references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to select their preferred positions and commence their application.
Courses available are as follows;