Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case are eligible.
The annual scholarship programme for foreign citizens offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, based on Government Decision no. 288/1993
The Scholarship is Fully Funded & will cover all the expenses. The Duration of the Undergraduate Scholarship will be from 3-6 Years, whereas for Master’s Program it will be 1.5 or 2 Years & For Doctorate Degree 3 to 4 Years. A wide range of academic fields are available in Romanian Universities.
- Host: Romanian Government
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Non-EU Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: March 15, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian language are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture. However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school.
A preparatory year in Romanian is also granted prior to enrolling in the study program of choice, for those not speaking Romanian language. The required documents include diplomas, transcripts, birth certificate and passport, CV – all described in the application process.
Scholarships for studies in accredited higher education institutions in Romania are awarded through a competition of files based on the regulations in force, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education (ME).
To whom is it addressed?
Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries, with the following exceptions:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes);
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- submit a complete file;
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- comply with the application submission methodology.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Romanian Government Scholarship 2022 in Roman is Funded by the Ministry of Education & Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Therefore, this is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Romania for all international students.
- Registration Fee
- Tuition Fee
- Free Accommodation
- Monthly Stipend:
- 65 EURO/Month, for Undergraduate Students
- 75 EURO/Month, for Master Studies
- 85 EURO/Month, for Postgraduate Students (Doctorate Degree)
The scholarship applicant can choose from any of the following three study cycles in accredited higher education institutions in Romania:
- bachelor’s degree: bachelor’s degree programmes are addressed to graduates of high school studies or pre-university studies at the end of which they obtained a baccalaureate degree or equivalent, as well as candidates applying for further university studies in Romania. The complete programme runs for a period of 3-6 years, depending on the specialization followed and ends with a bachelor’s exam;
- master’s degree: master’s degree programmes are addressed to undergraduates, run for a period of 1 year, 1.5 years or 2 years and end with the dissertation exam;
- PhD: doctoral programmes are addressed to graduate students or equivalent and run for a period of 3-5 years, depending on the profile of the chosen faculty and end with the presentation of a PhD thesis. Admission to PhD and obtaining a scholarship are conditioned by an entrance examination.
Each candidate will create an account on the Study in Romania platform, will fill in the requested data and upload the following documents:
3.1. Copies of the diplomas obtained (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, plus bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate degree, if applicable) and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
3.2. Copies of transcripts of the completed studies and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
3.3. Copy of the birth certificate (or equivalent document) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport or of the national document of identity and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae in English or French in the required format, and for the doctoral cycle also a letter of intent from the applicant in English, French, Spanish or Romanian.
- The application will also include the following documents (only for candidates who belong to the specific category mentioned for each document):
- Copy of the proof of name change (if applicable) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate proving the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s or master’s exam, as the case may be, for graduates who do not hold yet the diploma and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate proving that the person in the final year of studies is to take the graduation exam at the end of the school/university year and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the transcript attesting the academic record of the person in the final year of studies, until the moment of submitting the application file, and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate of completion of the Romanian language preparatory year or the certificate of linguistic competence, if applicable.
- Copy of the notarized declaration of parental consent in the case of candidates who have not reached the age of 18 by the date of commencement of the courses and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
The documents must be scanned individually, after the original, in .pdf format.
Method of Application
The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
Candidates can access the platform at https://studyinromania.gov.ro, via the Apply for MFA scholarships button, or directly at https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro.
Applications can be submitted between 20 December 2021 and 15 March 2022, with the selection results being announced on 15 July 2022. Upon selection, additional formalities, such as obtaining a visa, will be required.