Applications are invited for the SGSAH Earth Scholarships for PhD and Early Researchers in Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities (SGSAH) is the world’s first national graduate school in the Arts & Humanities, established in 2014 with a mission to work in partnership to offer unparalleled training and support to doctoral researchers in Scotland.
In addition to supporting sustainable research and cultural exchanges within and outside the arts, humanities, and cultural sector, the program will foster opportunities for international mobility and research that will help develop and support new approaches to address the global challenge of the climate crisis.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 Florida State University Scholarship to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000
- 2023 Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and £18,384 annual stipends
- 2023 Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarships to study in Europe | offers Full Scholarships and €1500 annual stipends
The British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships is a programme run by SGSAH with funding from the British Council to enable international research collaborations between PhD and Early Career Researchers and Scottish HEIs and Scotland-based academic mentors, and external organisations, thematically focused on environmental arts and humanities and their interdisciplinary connections.
The scholarships will take place between March and July 2023 (including a compulsory, in-person cohort training programme in April 2023). Scholarship proposals can be structured to further existing work being undertaken as a PhD or postdoctoral project, or be a discrete, standalone project which nonetheless furthers the knowledge base, networks and expertise of the researcher. The scholarship can also be structured as the researcher joining and furthering an existing project at the Host Institution.
A range of outcomes and outputs are anticipated, depending on the nature of the
The EARTH Scholarships will take advantage of and be located within three geographically and thematically structured Clusters, which will offer research placements, training and development opportunities for researchers, and contribute to cohort training in April 2023. The Clusters will enable:
- Wider awareness and study of environmental arts and humanities disciplines in the Scottish context
- Interdisciplinary working within and beyond the arts and humanities (STEAM)
- Field trips and engagement with other scholars, practitioners and professionals
- Access to arts and cultural sector organisations, resources, expertise and experience in different geographical contexts, including urban and rural areas.
To be considered for the SGSAH, you must:
- Be a current PhD researcher in the Arts & Humanities registered at any non-UK university
- Be an ECR in the Arts & Humanities who graduated from any non-UK university
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship is fully funded with the Research period will running between March-July 2023
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form (to be completed online)
- A full research proposal
- CV of up to 4pp
- A budget and justification of resources
- A letter of support of up to 2pp from Head of Department or equivalent of the proposed Host Institution
- A letter of support from your PhD supervisor (up to 2pp)
Method of Application
SGSAH will not accept late applications where there has been a systems failure at the applicant’s end (e.g failure of internet connection). For this reason, applicants are strongly advise to complete the application process at least 48 hours in advance of the deadline.
Notification of application outcomes will be sent to applicants by Monday 12 December 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the link below.