Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarships programme combines financial support for postgraduate studies and a high-quality leadership development programme, to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
A Mandela Rhodes Scholarship enables a Scholar to study at a South African tertiary institution registered with the South African Council on Higher Education for an accredited postgraduate degree programme.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: South Africa
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket
- Deadline: April 21, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Scholarship is awarded for one or a maximum of two years, currently for an Honours or Masters degree.
The leadership development programme comprises the following three components.
- Three residential workshops
- Three regional group pods
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships are open to citizens of all African countries
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2021
- Applicants should have a history of well-above average-academic results
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends. It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
About Mandela Rhodes Foundation (MRF)
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is one of Nelson Mandela’s three official legacy organisations, founded in 2003 in partnership with the Rhodes Trust.
We find, fund, and empower young Africans who aspire towards the kind of leadership Mr Mandela embodied: leaders who can bridge historic divides and who use their talents for the betterment of their societies and our continent.
We do this by providing a postgraduate scholarship for young leaders to study in South Africa, an experience which is accompanied by a residential Leadership Development Programme.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.