The 2022 Stellenbosch University Postgraduate Scholarship is ongoing for interested and eligible candidates of African origin willing to study in South Africa.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Stellenbosch University Postgraduate Scholarship will provide up to $24,871 (ZAR 420,000) in funding to selected Master’s and PhD students who will be commencing their programmes at the university in 2023.
In addition to study fees and an allowance, the scholarship may include research activities with your supervisor, such as a writing retreat, conference attendance, and publication costs to the value of $3,108.87 (ZAR52 500), based on the application made for these funds during the study period.
Several other scholarships in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipends
- 2023 Bond University HDR Scholarships for Postgraduate Students to study in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and $29,863 annual stipend.
- The University of Westminster Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and £20,285 annual stipend.
- Host Country: South Africa
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- $27,980 Living Expenses
- Deadline: August 30, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Stellenbosch University is pleased to announce, in partnership with the Gerda Henkel Foundation, a limited number of full-time scholarships for PhD studies.
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Stellenbosch University is also pleased to announce, in partnership with the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, a limited number of full-time scholarships for Masters (full thesis) or PhD studies.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the scholarship at Stellenbosch, you must satisfy the following:
- should have obtained at least 70% in the final year of the previous completed degree
- be of African origin
- not be older than 30 to apply for a Master’s scholarship and not older than 35 to apply for a PhD scholarship.
- be able to commence studies in February 2023 (subject to possible COVID-19-related delays).
- submit an application to study at Stellenbosch University in addition to this scholarship application.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
MA & PhD “Turning the tide” Scholarships
- PhD scholarships: R357 500.00, over three years. (In addition to study fees and an allowance, the scholarship may also include research activities together with your supervisor, such as: a writing retreat, conference attendance and publication costs to the value of R52 500, based on application made for these funds during study period.)
- MA scholarships: Up to R160 000, over 18 months to two years. (In addition to study fees and an allowance, the scholarship may also include research activities together with your supervisor, such as: a writing retreat, conference attendance and publication costs to the value of R20 375, based on application made for these funds during study period.)
Lisa Maskell / PANGeA Scholarships
- PhD scholarships: Up to R420 000, over three years.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- A sample of your writing:
- MA thesis for PhD applicants
- Honours research essay for MA applicants
- Any published academic articles related to your application
- A motivation letter (not longer than 600 words);
- A pre-proposal (or research idea) of no more than 500 words describing your proposed research question. You should discuss the unique contribution your research will make to the existing body of knowledge in this field of study, the problem statement, the methodology / theoretical framework / philosophical underpinnings you intend to use and the feasibility of your study.
- A certified copy of your full academic transcript;
- A certified copy of your MA degree certificate – or foreign equivalent (if you have completed the qualification but have not yet obtained the certificate, official proof from the institution concerned that the degree will be delivered before March 2023);
- A certified copy of your South African ID or International passport (for international students).
Method of Application
Applicants must apply to study at Stellenbosch University in addition to this scholarship application. Applicants are not required to be registered or to have a supervisor. They should, however, inform themselves regarding the availability of suitable supervisors in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences in their particular field of research, before submitting an application.
Begin your application by using the link provided below if you are interested and qualified.
Deadline: August 30, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region