The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions.
In 2022 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The programme is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
- Host Country: Sweden
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | SEK 10,000 Monthly Stipend | Air Ticket
- Deadline: February 28, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. Applicants should also have a clear idea of how the study programme in Sweden would benefit their home country or region.
Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience.
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals will be awarded based on the following eligibility conditions;
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the 7th of April 2022.
- Work experience: You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- Leadership experience: You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
- Master’s programmes: The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full tuition fee coverage is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university at the beginning of each semester.
- Monthly payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Travel grant of up to SEK 15,000 for the entire study period depending on your country of origin
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Method of Application
pplication for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals starts with an application for a master’s program at a Swedish University.
Then an application for a Global Professionals scholarship for final evaluation and consideration.
Use the link below to access the application portal