The Umeå University Postgraduate Scholarships for international students are currently available for students willing to study in Sweden.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Umeå University Postgraduate Scholarships offers full tuition fee waivers for selected candidates including a $37,108 annual stipend according to the established salary level for doctoral students.
Unlike so many countries around the world, you are allowed to work while studying in Sweden if you have your residence permit (student visa). Moreso, the cost of living is cheap.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Queensland Scholarships for International Students in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and $28,854 annual stipend.
- The 2022 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students in Canada | offers Full Scholarships and $24,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 Rhodes Scholarships for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and £17,310 annual stipends
- Host Country: Sweden
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- $37,108 annual stipends.
- Deadline: Varies by Programme
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Umea university is currently recruiting PhD candidates into several positions available across different departments of the university.
Umeå University is among the top universities in the world according to recent, highly-respected ranking tables. In addition, it is among the global elite in several academic areas.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- have completed course requirements of at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 credits are at second-cycle level, or have an equivalent education from overseas, or equivalent qualifications.
- be fluent in English (Proficient user), both in speaking and in writing.
- fulfill the phd requirements of the university at the time of admission to postgraduate education
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The employment is expected to result in a doctoral degree and the main assignment for the doctoral student is thus to be active in research, study doctoral courses, and possibly participate in teaching of courses at undergraduate level.
- The employment is limited to four years at full time or up to five years if teaching or other departmental work is performed. The salary ($37,108 annual stipends according to the established salary level for doctoral students) is fixed according to the established salary level for doctoral students at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Umeå University.
- The position will open on September 1st 2022 (exact start date can be negotiated).
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A cover letter with a brief description of your qualifications, research interests and motivation for applying, and your contact details (max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified copies of relevant degree diploma(s) and certificates.
- A list of university courses with grades. Note that for international applicants the grading system should be explained in brief.
- A copy of your Master’s thesis and other publications (if any).
- Contact information of two reference persons.
Method of Application
The application, including attached documents, must be written in English or Swedish. The application is made through our electronic recruitment system.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.