The 2022 University of Basel Scholarship is currently open for international students willing to study in Switzerland.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity to pursue a research postgraduate degree with a tuition fee waiver as well as an annual stipend of $49,663.
The scholarship allows you to develop your research question and methodological framework, conduct research, analyse your data, and write your thesis within the framework of the Basel Graduate Network African Studies and the Graduate School of Social Sciences G3S.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The Centre for African Studies at the University of Basel calls for applications for two doctoral positions in Social Anthropology or African Studies covering a period of three years funded by the Humer Foundation for Academic Talent.
This research initiative examines comparatively various forms of movement that produce and deploy racialized and/or ethnicized sexualities as central means of consumptive fantasies, modes of value production, disciplinary regimes, and strategies of investment in the future.
To be considered for the University of Basel scholarship, you must:
- hold an excellent Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Social Anthropology or a related discipline;
- present an original idea for a research project relating to the sexuality, mobility, and political economy;
- have very good research and writing skills;
- commit themselves fully to their PhD project during the funding period and aim at completing their project within the said period;
- meet the requirements for admission to PhD studies at the University of Basel.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship offer an international, multidisciplinary work environment and excellent research infrastructure, and a workplace in the heart of Basel.
- Compensation will be according to the guidelines of the University of Basel ($49,663 annual stipend).
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- a letter of motivation (not exceeding two pages);
- a curriculum vitae (not exceeding two pages and including a list of publications, if applicable);
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English).
- a short proposal (1500-2500 words) relating to sexuality, mobility, and political economy.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English, a minimum of 800 words for master applicants and 1500 words for PhD applicants).
- copies of undergraduate and postgraduate diplomas complete with transcripts (please note that the overall grade received for the Master degree is relevant for admission);
- the contact details of two referees (university professors or lecturers);
- one or two writing samples (including Master’s thesis or equivalent).
Method of Application
Submit your application as PDF files using only the recruiting online tool of Basel University.
For more information, please visit our website: https://zasb.unibas.ch or contact Prof. George Paul Meiu email@example.com
Click on the button below to commence your application.