ETH Zurich ETH4D Research to Action Grants aims to bridge the gap between academic research and practice.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The grant supports students and researchers to discuss their work with practitioners and ensure that results are being used, implemented, and disseminated, demonstrating global development-related impact.
To this end, ETH4D supports bachelor, master and doctoral students as well as post-doctoral and senior scientists with up to 5 kCHF.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host Country: Switzerland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: 5,000 Swiss Franc
- Deadline: April 30, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Within three months after the completion of the project, the applicant must submit an operational and financial report to the grant office of ETH4D. For the operational report, two pages describing the most important achievements, lessons learned, problems encountered, and pictures of the activities should be submitted.
In addition, applicants must submit one of the following items:
- Documentation of a prototype of a new product or service
- A short video that explains the project to a non-scientific audience
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- The applicants must be employed or enrolled at ETH Zurich.
- The applicants with projects revolving around activities in a “least-?developed”, “low-income” and “lower-middle-income” country and direct involvement of collaborating institutions or agencies from said countries will be given preference.
- Applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of their desired study programme at the bachelor, master, doctoral, or postdoctoral level, to secure admission.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- ETH4D supports bachelor, master and doctoral students as well as post-doctoral and senior scientists with up to 5 kCHF.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Project description and objectives (Downloadtemplate project description (PDF, 58 KB)vertical_align_bottom)
- If applicable, letter of support from a non-?academic partner or collaborator
- Detailed budget (Downloadtemplate budget (XLSX, 11 KB)vertical_align_bottom). Please note that this grant does not cover expenses from the past.
- Financial confirmation letter by ETH professor or unit (more details in the criteria document)
- CV of the applicant, including publication list (max. 3 pages)
- One reference letter from within ETH
Method of Application
Deadline for applications is on a rolling basis. Applications can therefore be submitted at any time during the year. However, please make sure to submit your proposals at least 6 weeks before the intended starting date of the project.
Please complete the electronic application form and upload all required documents in the annex.