The Canadian University Dubai Scholarships are now open for interested and qualified candidates willing to study in the United Arab Emirates.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarships offer up to $11,633 payable towards tuition as partial scholarships for successful candidates and high academic achievers.
Canadian University Dubai is a prestigious university in the UAE known for its world-class facilities and enchanting structures. It has been ranked in the top 2% (601-650) worldwide and the top 4 in the United Arab Emirates according to the QS World University Rankings 2022.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
At Canadian University Dubai, they pride themselves on their commitment to providing a quality, Canadian education for all. The university understands the importance of difference and diversity, and we do not want financial limitations or special needs to get in the way of your enrolment.
To alleviate some of this concern and to reward high academic achievers, CUD offers the following scholarships:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
- Scholarships are open to all students of any citizenship who have met all the admission requirements.
- Scholarships are awarded to full-time students enrolled in four academic courses or more per semester. For Financial Hardship and Special Needs Scholarships, the number of academic courses students must enroll in will be considered on a case-by-case basis, although, where possible, a minimum of four academic courses is recommended. Please note that scholarships can be granted for credit-bearing courses only.
- Students must maintain the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue receiving scholarship funding. The specific CGPA requirements vary according to the type of scholarship applied for. These details are outlined in the specific scholarship descriptions.
- Scholarships are not valid for summer semesters.
- Scholarships are only valid for current tuition fees.
- Students can apply for more than one scholarship, provided they meet the eligibility requirements. In case a student qualifies for more than one reduction, scholarship or discount, the student will be given the chance to choose the scholarship with the highest value.
- All remaining fees (tuition and housing) must be paid promptly in order to receive and maintain the scholarship.
Please note that the number of scholarships awarded is limited and students must meet the minimum selection criteria for the relevant category in order for their application to be considered by the scholarship committee. The amount to be awarded depends on the specific criteria outlined for each scholarship.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- 50% tuition waiver: High school students need to have attained an academic average of 99%* or above to apply for a 50% tuition waiver. For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA at the conclusion of the semester must be 3.98 or higher to continue receiving a 50% tuition waiver.
- 40% tuition waiver: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 95 – 98.9%* to apply for a 40% tuition waiver. For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA at the conclusion of the semester must be between 3.95 – 3.97 to continue receiving a 40% tuition waiver.
- 30% tuition waiver: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 90 – 94.9%* to apply for a 30% tuition waiver. For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA at the conclusion of the semester must be between 3.9 – 3.94 to continue receiving a 30% tuition waiver.
- 20% tuition waiver: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 85 – 89.9%* to apply for a 20% tuition waiver. For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA at the conclusion of the semester must be between 3.85 – 3.89 to continue receiving a 20% tuition waiver.
- 10% tuition waiver (returning students only): High school students who were granted an automatic 20% tuition waiver for their first semester at CUD and have maintained a 3.8 – 3.84 CGPA, may be eligible for a 10% tuition waiver on the subsequent semester.
Check the cost of overall tuition fees in the Canadian University Dubai here
Method of Application
Applicants must email their scholarship application forms (or visit the scholarship section of Student Affairs), along with all supporting documents (as detailed in the relevant sections of the different scholarship types) to [email protected]
- The scholarship application deadline for the fall semester is July 7th.
- The scholarship application deadline for the spring semester is December 20th.
- Please note that late or incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered by the scholarship committee.
Click on the button below to commence your application if you are interested and qualified.