Applications for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship are now open for female students from developing countries with outstanding academic performance who are interested in studying in the United Kingdom.
Eira left Wales in her early adult life to work for The Society for The Overseas Settlement of British Women (S.O.S.B.W) in London as a Child Welfare Officer.
As a woman of independent means, in 2012 Eira endowed a significant fund to Swansea University for the establishment of a Scholarship in her name. Her purpose was to help such women realise their potential, and in doing so lift both their community and home country.
The Eira Francis Davies (EDS) Full Fees Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship ordinarily awarded to one outstanding female student per academic year.
The student must be a national of and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a postgraduate taught Master’s programme within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science.
To be considered for the EFD full fees scholarship, you must:
- hold a minimum 2:1 Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification.
- have formally accepted an offer to study at Swansea University in September 2022:
- be female.
- be a new student to Swansea University from September 2022.
- within their application, demonstrate strong academic ability, financial plan to study and motivation for their chosen course at Swansea University.
- be a national, and permanent resident of an EFD Eligible Countries as listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being ‘low income’ or ‘lower-middle income’ as of 1 July 2021.
- not receive any other financial support from Swansea University (e.g. tuition fee reduction, scholarship or bursary).
- not be a progressing student from The College, Swansea University.
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
- Child Public Health, MSc
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
- Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Genomic Medicine, MSc
- Healthcare Management, MSc
- Health Data Science, MSc
- Health Informatics, MSc
- Long Term and Chronic Conditions Management, MSc
- Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
- Nanomedicine, MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will commence in September 2022
- The scholarship covers the full tuition of the recipient
Method of Application
To be considered for the scholarship, you must have formally accepted an offer to study an eligible program for September 2022 entry. You must complete and submit the application form online before 29 May 2022, 11:59pm (BST).
All applications will be considered by a scholarship committee. Shortlisted applicants then may be invited to interview as part of the selection process.