The Chevening Scholarship has announced the application date for the 2022 Chevening Scholarship Awards for interested and qualified students willing to pursue a postgraduate degree in top-rated universities in the United Kingdom.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Chevening Scholarship Awards are designed to cover the full cost of studying a Masters degree in the UK, including any additional – accommodation, visa and travel – expenses you may incur as an international student.
Studying in the UK allows you to explore variety of cultures, opinions, castles and other historical heritages as well as watch the infamous premier league matches live. Moreso, Master’s courses in the UK typically last for one year, which is shorter than many other countries.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: UK
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Monthly Stipends
- Visa Fee
- Application is NOW OPEN
- Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening Scholarships are aimed at international postgraduates with high leadership potential, enabling them to study a Masters at a British university and develop useful professional / academic networks. These connections can then be used to build a strong relationship with the UK and make a positive impact in your home country.
Along with generous funding, the Chevening programme includes plenty of extracurricular activities and volunteering opportunities designed to help Chevening Scholars experience the best of British culture and make the most of their time in the UK. These range from sightseeing trips in different parts of the country to networking events with other scholars on the programme.
To be considered for the Chevening Scholarship Award, you must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible Chevening country
- Hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK 2.1 (‘upper second-class honours’).
- Have two years’ work experience.
- Have an unconditional offer for a Masters at a UK university
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application.
Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfill your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Master’s courses in the UK typically last for one year, which is shorter than many other countries.
- Successful candidates get the following;
- Full payment of Masters tuition fees.
- Payment of travel to and from the UK
- Payment of visa application fees
- A monthly living allowance (stipend) for accommodation and expenses – this amount will be confirmed in your acceptance letter and will be higher if you’re studying in London
You may also receive an ‘events travel top-up allowance’ to contribute towards the cost of travelling to any mandatory Chevening events, which are usually held in London.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Copies of your degree certificate and academic transcripts
- Two references (academic or professional)
- A brief biographical description of yourself
Method of Application
To start with, you should apply via your country’s page on the Chevening website, using the Chevening online application system.
Click on the button below to learn more about the Chevening Scholarship and begin your application.