Applications are now open or the 2022 Microsoft PhD Research Fellowships for interested and qualified researchers.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The fellowship programme provides a research grant of $15,000 USD to help complete research as part of a doctoral thesis work for academic year 2023–24.
Selected fellows for this programme are given the opportunity to carry out their research at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom or the Microsoft Africa Research Institute (MARI).
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host: Microsoft
- Study Abroad: Study in UK | Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $15,000 Research Grant | Paid Internship | Networking
- Deadline: June 7, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Students should support this mission and embrace opportunities to foster diverse and inclusive cultures within their communities.
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
To be considered for the Microsoft PhD Research Fellowship, you must:
- Be a PhD student enrolled at a university in Africa
- Propose a research closely related to one of the themes at Microsoft Africa Research Institute (MARI)
- be entering their second year or beyond of their PhD program sometime between August 2022 – July 2023 having taken into account transfers, approved leaves of absence, etc.
- must continue to be enrolled at the university in the beginning of academic year 2022 or forfeit the award.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Fellowship Duration and Reward
- $15,000 USD is provided to help complete research as part of their doctoral thesis work for academic year 2023–24.
- Eligible recipients will be offered a 12-week paid internship with Microsoft Research’s Cambridge, UK lab, or the Microsoft Africa Research Institute (MARI).
- Opportunities will be provided to build relationships with research teams at Microsoft and receive mentorship.
- Curriculum vitae – file name: cv
- Thesis proposal or research statement (short and concise is recommended—no more than two pages including references with font no smaller than 10-point) – file name: thesis
- Summary of the above thesis proposal or research statement (no more than 150 words; font no smaller than 10-point) – file name: summary
Name the individual files using the convention indicated below. Include your first name and last name as part of your file name each separated by an underscore (e.g. Jane_Smith_cv.docx).
Method of Application
- May 9 | Call for applications opens
- June 7 | Call for applications closes
- July 15 – Aug 12 | Selected candidates are invited for interviews
- August 19 | Selected candidates are notified of their fellowship offer by email
- September 28 | Fellowship recipients are announced publicly
Click on the button below to commence your application if you are interested and qualified.
Click here for more details about this opportunity.