The award is a fully funded scholarship to the best emerging young fashion communication, business, and media talent from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Roberta Annan is a Ghanaian businesswoman and the founder of the African Fashion Foundation. She is also an investor, philanthropist, and a United Nations Environment Programme Goodwill Ambassador. Annan was the youngest African to be inducted into the African Leadership Hall of Fame.
The Roberta Annan Scholarship has been created to support the best emerging young fashion communication, business, and media talent from Sub-Saharan Africa, providing financial support for their higher education.
The Scholarship provides full fee remission for the Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme and the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Industry Practice degree programme for the successful applicant.
- This is a competitive scholarship scheme aiming to support those with the greatest financial need, talent in the relevant subject areas, and future potential.
- The Roberta Anan Scholarship is open to applications from nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa countries.
- Students must be aged at least 18 years old on 1st September at the start of the academic year in which they intend to join this course.
The standard entry requirements for this course are GCSE English and Maths at Grade C (4) or above, or the equivalent international qualifications. This in most cases would be one of the below:
● Senior School Certificate Examination,
● National Senior Certificate,
● National Diploma with higher credits,
● Higher National Diploma with credits
- The College is looking for students who will actively contribute to the course and take an original approach to their work and they must have a keen interest in pursuing a career in Fashion Communications.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- An academic year runs 1st September-31st August annually. For the duration of the academic year, a student is considered to be their academic age for admissions purposes, regardless of when their birthday falls within that academic year.
- The Scholarship provides full fee remission for the Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme and the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Industry Practice degree programme for the successful applicant.
- Applications are initially for entry on to the one-year Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme. Upon successful completion of this, and a successful additional undergraduate progression interview, the student is expected to progress onto the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication & Industry Practice (2 years fast-track) undergraduate degree
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- CV that includes personal details, location, education history and any relevant work experience.
- A copy of a valid passport
- Copies of academic transcripts/certificates
- 500-word personal statement
- Pre-recorded interview video
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.