The 2022 Swansea University EPSRC Scholarship is currently open for interested and qualified prospective students willing to pursue a postgraduate degree in the UK.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Swansea University EPSRC Scholarship offers international students the opportunity of a fully-funded scholarship covering the full tuition fees and an annual stipend of £16,062.
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. Our diverse and welcoming community thrives on exploration and discovery, with a balance of excellent teaching and research, alongside a superb quality of life. Not only will you receive an outstanding learning and teaching experience with a distinct emphasis on employability but you’ll also fall in love with the city.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $50,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 University of Manchester Future Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships worth £28,000 annual stipend.
- 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $25,334 annual stipends.
- Host Country: UK
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- £16,062 Annual Stipends
- Deadline: July 29, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The aim of this project is to advance our understanding of fundamental computational problems concerning the long-term behaviour of linear dynamical systems.
In this project, the focus is shifted to dynamical systems which are defined using arbitrary real numbers. The formal framework for this is the bit-model of real computation, where real numbers are encoded as second-order objects. This approach allows us to incorporate transcendental and inexact data, while at the same time avoiding the aforementioned undecidability and hardness results.
A particular emphasis will be placed on computability and complexity of positivity and inequality problems for univariate holonomic functions or sequences.
The project is suitable for students with a background in (theoretical) computer science or mathematics. The student will employ a synthesis of numerical and symbolic methods, combining tools from computability, computational complexity, analysis (differential equations, analytic number theory), topology, and algebra (real algebraic geometry, quantifier elimination). Prior knowledge or experience in one or more of these areas are desirable, but not strictly necessary.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level in Computer Science, Mathematics or
- hold a closely related discipline, or an appropriate master’s degree with a minimum overall grade at ‘Merit’ (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University).
- If applicable – IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each individual component) or Swansea recognized equivalent.
- meet the requirements of the program to be pursued.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Singapore: 2023 Nanyang Technological University Scholarships For International Students
Study-In-Colombia: 2023 WHO/TDR Postgraduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
Study-In-UK: 2023 UWE Bristol Chancellors Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-UK: 2023 Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-Greece: 2023 Leventis Foundation Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run between October 2022 and September 2025
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the year, plus a stipend of £16,062 which will be paid over 12 months.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form (online form)
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form. Please note that we are not able to accept references received citing private email accounts, e.g. Hotmail. Referees should cite their employment email addresses for verification of reference.
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirements (if applicable).
- Copy of UK resident visa (if applicable)
Method of Application
To apply, please complete your application online with the following information:
- Course choice – please select Computer Science / PhD / Full-time / 3 Year / October
In the event you have already applied for the above programme previously, the application system may issue a warning notice and prevent application, in this event, please email email@example.com where staff will be happy to assist you in submitting your application.
- Start year – please select 2022
- Funding (page 8) –
- ‘Are you funding your studies yourself?’ – please select No
- ‘Name of Individual or organisation providing funds for study’ – please enter ‘RS122 – PhD Comp Sci’
*It is the responsibility of the applicant to list the above information accurately when applying, please note that applications received without the above information listed will not be considered for the scholarship award.
One application is required per individual Swansea University led research scholarship award; applications cannot be considered listing multiple Swansea University led research scholarship awards.
Click on the button below to commence your application.
Deadline: July 29, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region