The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to international development. One of the themes of our strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad’.
Building on this commitment the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer three scholarships per year.
This scholarship is targeted at international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
- Host: University of Sheffield
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Stipends
- Deadline: May 6, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Sheffield is a world top-100 university with highly rated teaching and research. At Sheffield you’ll be taught by inspirational researchers and be able to see the work they do first hand.
The University of Sheffield offers 350 different courses, across 75 different subject areas. The University also offers preparation programmes for international students.
You must hold an offer by 6 May 2022 for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in the 2022/23 academic year:
- International Development MA
- Environmental Change and International Development MSc
- International Development (Masters in Public Health) MPH
- International Law and Global Justice LLM
- International Political Economy MA
- Global Journalism MA
- International Public and Political Communication MA
- Intercultural Communication MA
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
4. This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
5. Your mode of attendance must be full time.
6. You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2022. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
7. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
9. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2022.
10. You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
Scholarship Duration and Reward
There are three scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries.
Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
If you are selected for the final stage of the application process we will contact you before 14th May 2022.
At this point we may ask you to submit a short personal statement or application form to support your application. Further details of the selection process will be provided at this point.
If you have any questions about this award please email email@example.com
Method of Application
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
Your course application will be assessed by a panel who will decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process. If you are selected for the next stage we will contact you before 14 May 2022 to invite you to apply, if you haven’t heard from by this date unfortunately you have not been selected this year.
Please use our postgraduate online application system to submit your application for an eligible course.