British Council GREAT Scholarships offer students from 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
In the 2023-24 academic year, 200 scholarships are offered by 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
- Host: British Council
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: 14 Countries
- Reward: £10,000
- Deadline: Varies by Universities
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of the programme, all GREAT scholars will be invited to a welcome event in the first semester and a networking event in the second semester.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of the Eligible.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
APPLY: 2023 Canada Government Federal Skilled Worker Program for Foreigners
APPLY: 2023 World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme for Developing Countries
APPLY: 2023 Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
Study-In-China: 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship Program for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
GREAT Scholarships offer students from 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses.
Method of Application
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Deadline: Varies by Universities
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region