The Chevening British Library Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office and the British Library, offering international experts a year-long professional project-based placement.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Fellows will have the privilege of working with the extensive library’s collections and benefit from the broad range of professional expertise of library staff.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: United kingdom 🇬🇧
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: 10 Selected Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket | Stipend
- Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The British Library is the national library of the UK and one of the world’s greatest research libraries. The British Library’s collection encompasses all fields of knowledge in hundreds of languages, covering 3,500 years from some of the earliest written records to the digital collections of the present day, and range over all formats.
As a public-facing, culturally-active research institute, Chevening is pleased to partner with the British Library to bring international experts to the UK to pursue a one-of-a-kind opportunity.
The fellowship is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
o be eligible for a Chevening British Library Fellowship, you must:
- Demonstrate the potential to rise to positions of leadership and influence
- Demonstrate that you possess the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential.
- Be a citizen of the listed countries, outlined respectively in the fellowship theme pages.
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Have significant professional and/or academic research experience (at least five years).
- Be currently employed or a currently enrolled PhD candidate (PhD must not be with a UK/EU or USA university).
- Provide evidence of meeting at least the minimum English language abilities for Chevening Awards.
- Not hold British or dual British citizenship.
- Not be an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
To be eligible for the Western Africa Manuscripts Crowdsourcing Fellowship, you must be from one of the following countries:
To be eligible for the Shan Collections Fellowship, you must be from one of the following countries:
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-UK: 2023 University of Oxford Rhodes Trust Scholarship for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University Entrance Bursary Program For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- 12-month period of project-based activity at the British Library.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from your home country to the UK.
- Allowance package for fellowship-related activities.
- Up to £1,000 for approved project-related expenses.
- Access to a programme of cultural events and activities organised by the FCDO and the Chevening Secretariat
Fellows will undertake a period of professional project-based activity at the British Library, receiving support and supervision from library staff. Please note that this fellowship is not suitable for those wanting to pursue their own research.
Please read through the detailed theme profiles below for more information about this years themes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should click the link below and happy under any of the following fellowship openings
Deadline: November 1, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region