MasterCard Foundation Online Postgraduate Scholarships will provide 3 year part-time online Master’s scholarships & 2-year part-time postgraduate Diploma scholarships to students living or working in Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The University is recruiting exceptional young people committed to pursuing their studies digitally to apply for an Online Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh. Online studies are an excellent way to earn a qualification, while at the same time continuing to work flexibly and live at home. Online qualifications though the University of Edinburgh are fully equivalent to degrees taught on campus.
Applicants can apply for either:
- Online Masters (part-time over 3 years) OR
- Online Post-graduate Diploma (part-time over 2 years)
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
- Host: Mastercard Foundation
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PGD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Laptop
- Deadline: January 27, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Masters programmes are normally aimed at those who have completed an undergraduate degree and want to develop more specialised knowledge in the same subject or similar career area. The MCF scholarship will cover the full tuition fees, a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet, a laptop and the opportunity to attend an in-person summer school in Africa.
Postgraduate diplomas are aimed at those who are considering a potential change in career and tend to be more vocational. Candidates with either an undergraduate or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university are equally able to apply (provided they will graduate from either degree before December 2022).
You must meet the eligibility criteria to apply:
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed above. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher. Find out more about the postgraduate entry requirements for your country
- Applicants must have graduated from undergraduate study before December 2022 and must be in possession of a degree certificate and official, final transcript to upload alongside their application
- Applicants must be residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants must be without the financial means to study oversees independently
- We particularly welcome applications from female scholars, scholars from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and scholars with disabilities (see FAQs below for further information)
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community
- If applying for the Masters programme: Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- If applying for the PG diploma: Applicants can either have an undergraduate or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university (provided they will graduate from either degree before December 2022). If you have a Master’s degree, our admissions team will review you first degree (undergraduate) to meet the post graduate diploma entry requirement. The MCF team will review your Master’s degree transcripts to confirm the graduation date and location of your University.
- Applicants must be 35 or under on the 1 September 2023
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship is designed to cover three-years of part-time online study.
The scholarship will cover the
- full tuition fees,
- a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet,
- a laptop and
- the opportunity to attend an in-person summer school in Africa
Method of Application
You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We prefer that applicants apply to this scholarship before applying to the University.
If you believe you meet all the eligibility criteria please apply.
Applications for our 2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, for postgraduate degrees only, will open on Thursday 15 December at 10am UK time and will close on Friday 27 January at 5pm UK time.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section for further details.
If you have any queries regarding the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships which are not answered in the FAQs, please contact us at: email@example.com.
We will also host online Information Sessions on 13 and 20 January 2023 from 4-5pm UK time for those interested in finding out more about the program and application process. If you would like to attend please sign up to the session using this form. We will provide a recording of the 13 January session on this page on 14 January.