The UNESCO Internship Program is a learning opportunity for students and recent graduates to learn about UNESCO’s mandate, programmes and processes as well as enhance their academic and technical knowledge through practical assignments.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host: UNESCO
- Category: Internships | Training
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Training | International Exposure
- Deadline: June 30, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
It seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO’s programmes contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
Political and economic arrangements of governments are not enough to secure the lasting and sincere support of the peoples. Peace must be founded upon dialogue and mutual understanding. Peace must be built upon the intellectual and moral solidarity of humanity.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the internship, you must:
Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
At the time of your application to the internship programme:
- You are currently enrolled in a graduate programme (Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent, second university degree or higher).
- You have recently graduated with a Master’s degree or PhD (or second degree as defined above), 12 months prior to the start of the internship.
Please note that candidates who have completed their full-time university studies but are not enrolled in a graduate programme are not eligible to apply.
Applicants in secretarial/assistant or technical/professional assignments must be enrolled in a secretarial school or in a specialized technical/professional institution, and must have reached the last year of their studies, or have recently graduated (within the last 12 months) from their school or institution.
Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. A working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset, and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the Headquarters.
Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Netherland: 2023 Dutch Government Holland Scholarship For International Students
APPLY: 2023 US Government Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program for International Teachers
Study-In-Poland: 2023 Poland Government Banach Scholarship for Developing Countries
APPLY: 2023 Canada Government Federal Skilled Worker Program for Foreigners
internship Duration and Others
- Duration: The minimum duration of an internship is one month, and the maximum duration is six months.
- Visa: You should be responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
- Travel: You must arrange and finance your travel to the location where you will undertake your internship.
- Medical insurance: You must show proof of a comprehensive health insurance valid in the country where you will undertake your internship and for the entire period of the internship. UNESCO will only provide limited insurance coverage up to USD 30,000 against risk of illness, disability, or death during the internship period.
- Medical certificate: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide a medical certificate indicating you are fit to work. Please note that a Medical Certificate should be issued by a qualified medical practitioner and you should NOT submit any of your medical records which is confidential (Results of tests, X-ray films etc.).
- Supporting Documents: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide your ID/Certificate of Enrollment/Diploma (if you have just recently graduated).
- Leave: Interns are entitled to 2.5 days of leave per month during their internship.
Method of Application
Prospective applicants should get the following ready before applying;
Have your motivation letter and résumé ready before filling out the application form. You only have one hour to finish the process.
Make sure your contact details will be valid in the next 6 months.
You can only use either English or French in applying.
Please provide an unofficial French or English translation of your documents if they are not in these languages.
You are allowed to submit only one application.
UNESCO does not remunerate interns. There is no compensation, financial or otherwise for internship assignments.
Even if you are eligible, there is no guarantee of placement. We receive more applications from qualified candidates than we can place.
Your application will be further accessed by UNESCO mangers around the world and will stay in our internship portal for a period of six months.
We do not respond to each and every candidate. If selected, you will be directly contacted by the manager. If you do not receive any update within six months, it means that your application has not been successful.
Deadline: June 30, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region