University College London Bartlett Promise Scholarship for African Students is open to applicants who are nationals and residents of a Bartlett-approved list of Sub-Saharan African countries who have admission to a Bartlett master’s program.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Bartlett Promise aims to enable students from backgrounds that are underrepresented in The Bartlett, to pursue studies at The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £16,008 Annual Allowance | Airfare Ticket
- Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Prospective students who are nationals of Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
- be a national of one of The Bartlett’s approved list 2 of Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries and resident in an eligible SSA country
- must not hold a British or dual British citizenship
- have an offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s programme for study in 2023/24 which is either unconditional or conditional only on English language
- be in financial need as assessed by UCL 3
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
2023 NNPC-Shell National University Scholarship Scheme For Nigerian Students
APPLY: 2023 World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme for Developing Countries
Study-In-Japan: 2023 Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Netherland: 2023 Dutch Government Holland Scholarship For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full overseas tuition fees and an annual allowance of £16,008 to cover living and study expenses for the normal duration of the program at UCL.
- In addition: a flight to and from the UK; UK study visa costs; English language assessment costs; health test costs; and the NHS Immigration Health Supplement charge.
- 100 Bartlett Master’s application fee waivers worth £90 each are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All Promise scholars will also receive on-going academic and career support during their study.
We will consider your educational, personal and financial circumstances. You will need to demonstrate these in your application. Assessment of applications will be made in relation to the eligibility criteria.
|Step||What to do||When|
|1.||Apply for admission to a Bartlett master’s programme||From 17 October 2022|
|2.||Apply for one of 100 master’s application fee waivers||From 24 October 2022|
|3.||Receive an admission letter for a Bartlett master’s programme||From December 2022|
|4.||Apply for a Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship||15 February to 31 March 2023|
Please note: to be eligible for The Bartlett Promise Sub Saharan Africa Master’s Scholarship, candidates must have an offer of a place on a Bartlett master’s programme. Those who are considering applying for the scholarship for 2023/24 are advised to review The Bartlett master’s programmes by department and identify the programme that they would be interested in studying.
Method of Application
Applications to Bartlett master’s programmes open on 17 October 2022. We strongly advise you to apply early. To apply for the scholarship, you must have received an offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s programme by 31 March 2023. UCL aims to make a decision on applications within 6 weeks of receiving your completed application, academic transcripts and both references.
However, please note it can take 3-4 months when application volumes are high. You are strongly recommended to apply early; a 6 week turn around cannot be guaranteed.
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region