University College London (UCL) Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower-income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master’s degree studies at UCL.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
Table of Contents
Established in 1826, as London University by founders inspired by the radical ideas of Jeremy Bentham, UCL was the first university institution to be established in London, and the first in England to be entirely secular and to admit students regardless of their religion.
Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified by early July 2023.
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- Come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2023/24. Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- There are up to 70 (seventy) scholarships available in 2023/24.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
- The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
- The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 27 April 2023.
- Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified by early July 2023.
Method of Application
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply‘ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.