University of Exeter Oppenheimer Impact Scholarship is 2-2.5 year training post that combines a full scholarship to undertake a 12-month MSc in Global Sustainability Solutions at the University of Exeter’s Streatham Campus in the UK, followed by a research associate post based at the University of Cape Town (UCT) for a further 12-18 months.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
This project on adaptation to improve resilience to the coastal hazards associated with sea levels rise (SLR) and storm surges in southern Africa, aiming to help planners incorporate information and decision-making tools addressing coastal hazards into their decision-making processes.
The project is part of the Oppenheimer Programme in African Landscape Systems (OPALS, jointly funded by the University of Exeter and Oppenheimer Generations Research and Conservation).
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Stipends | Allowances | Paid Internship
- Deadline: April 3, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
OPALS seeks to
- Support a strong, credible, and connected voice for African communities, land managers and researchers in the global climate and ecological crisis
- Co-produce science-based solutions to understand, mitigate and adapt to environmental change, growing sustainable and resilient socio-environmental systems in Africa.
- Support leadership in environmentally sustainable management across Africa.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Candidates must hold citizenship of an African Nation, and preference will be given to Mozambican nationals.
- Applicants must have obtained qualifications equivalent to a First or Second Class Upper UK Honours degree, in an appropriate area of science or technology, and have applied for a place on MSc Global Sustainability Solutions.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to meet our English language requirements.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Germany: 2023 Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Training post,
- tuition fee;
- paid internship, and allowances
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letter of application in English (2-page max. outlining your academic interests, prior research experience, and motivation to undertake this project).
- Letter of application in Portuguese (2-page max. outlining your academic interests, prior research experience, and motivation to undertake this project).
- CV (4-pages max, please do not include photographs, ethnicity, date of birth, marital status, or religion etc as under UK law these protected characteristics will not be considered and please refer to person specification for the areas of assessment)
- Transcript(s) giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained (if you are still studying this should be an interim transcript).
- Names and contact details of two referees familiar with your academic/professional work. You are not required to obtain references yourself. We will request references directly from your referees if you are shortlisted.
- If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country, you will need to submit evidence of your proficiency in English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below