University of Edinburgh MasterCard On-Campus Scholarships is for exceptional young people with great academic and leadership experience who have overcome barriers to their education and are committed to pursuing their studies on-campus.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
This is a one-year postgraduate on-campus scholarship for the specific programs
This scholarship Covers full approved tuition, accommodation, travel, living cost stipend and study materials.
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Sahara African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarships | Monthly Stipends | Accommodations | Airline Tickets
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: December 7, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
If the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is the only scholarship you are interested to apply for in the University of Edinburgh, please apply for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship only first. If you receive a scholarship offer from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program then you can apply for the academic programme.
If you are also applying for other scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, please apply directly for the degree programme of your choice as well as the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship application. (Please also read the information about programme application fees below).
If you have already secured a place on an eligible degree programme, please indicate in your Mastercard Foundation Scholarship application form that you have already secured a place on the degree programme.
To be considered for the University of Edinburgh MasterCard On-Campus Scholarships , you must:
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher. Find out more about the postgraduate entry requirements for your country: Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants will have faced significant barriers to education (social, financial, personal, practical or health related).
- Applicants must have graduated from an undergraduate study by September 2023 and must have a degree certificate and official final transcript to upload alongside their application by 7 December.
- Applicants must be residents and citizens or hold refugee status in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must have faced barriers to education and in their early career.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience, or at least ambition, in making a meaningful impact in addressing the climate crisis
- Applicants must be 35 or under as of 1 September 2024
- Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- If applying for the on campus Masters programme: Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- We particularly welcome applications from female scholars, scholars from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and scholars with disabilities (see FAQs below for further information)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Covers full approved tuition, accommodation, travel, living cost stipend and study materials.
- A climate leadership programme to inspire and support Scholars in making change in their communities and countries.
- Additional support is offered to scholars with disabilities based on an assessment of needs.
Application timeline 2023/24
|23 October 2023 (10am UK time)
|1 December 2023 (5pm UK time)
|Applicants need to have completed registration to scholarship application site, and completed the eligibility assessment and declaration.
|7 December 2023 (5pm UK time)
|On-campus (ODL) Interview shortlisting begins; both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
|Mid to Late February 2024
|On-campus interviews take place.
|By mid March
|On-campus Interview outcomes will be announced.
|March – August 2024
|Support provided through admission and immigration processes.
|Academic program starts.
Method of Application
You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We require that applicants apply for this scholarship before applying to the University.
The Scholars Program will not accept applications submitted outside the online application system.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section, below, for further details.
If you have any queries regarding the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships, which are not answered in the FAQs, please contact us at: email@example.com