The United States Embassy, Nigeria seeks to identify academically qualified and highly motivated, low-income students in Nigeria to join the Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Program (OFP).
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
OFP’s mission is to assist talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for financial assistance from U.S. colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the up-front cost of obtaining admission.
Since 2004, the EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Program has placed 400 students at the most selective colleges and universities in North America with full aid.
- Host Country: USA
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Nigerians
- Reward: GRE fees | English Proficiency test fees | US application fees | Visa fees | SEVIS fees | Flight fees | Settlement stipend
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be eligible for the Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Program, candidates must posses;
- High strong academic records
- Excellent participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership role
- Outstanding community service participation
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Through periodic seminars, you will be guided by EducationUSA Advisers to navigate the College Application process. We will start with an application boot camp and throughout the year, conduct seminars on researching your options, funding your studies, completing your application including how to write a personal statement or college essay, applying for a student visa and preparing for departure.
- Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarships Program Scholarswill cover the upfront costs of applying to U.S. institutions. We will cover the cost of taking standardized tests, application fees (limited amount), international passport, a flight ticket to the U.S, visa and SEVIS fees, and if available, a settling-in allowance. In extenuating circumstances and funds permitting, we may cover the cost of a credential evaluation, mailing transcripts and I-20 forms or additional score reports, internet data (if we are operating virtually).
- Opportunity Funds Program Scholars do not receive a scholarship from EducationUSA to study in the U.S. The scholar must work hard to apply to U.S. institutions that can provide full funding for them.
- Successful Opportunity Funds Program Scholars become U.S. Government Alumni and are eligible to apply for program grants as all other alumni.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
NOTE– If WAEC results are not available, the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC. Students who have already started a University education are NOT eligible to apply.
- SS1 & 2 end-of year report (word or PDF files only)
- Mock WAEC result or WAEC result (word or PDF files only)
- Other supporting documentation(word or PDF files only)
- Copy of your university transcript-if available (PDF files only)
- Copy of Statement of Result/Degree (PDF files)
- Submit a detailed Academic Curriculum Vitae(PDF files only)
- Scanned copy of any supplementary certificates of achievement(PDF files only)
- Copy of GRE result (Recommended for Engineering students) PDF files only
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to begin their application.
Succesful applicants will be scheduled for interview in June
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region