The 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships are now open for interested and qualified candidates willing to study in the USA.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships are offered to Masters, Doctoral, and Postdoctoral Research Assistantships for international students to expand their knowledge and experience in research.
The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships cover the full tuition fees and as well provide an annual stipend of $25,334.
Several other scholarships in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Manchester Future Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships worth £28,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 University of Miami Scholarship for International Students in the USA | offers Full Scholarships and a $12,000 annual stipend, laptop, and accommodation.
- 2022 Government of Malaysia MTCP Scholarship for International Students | Offers full scholarship with $9,516 annual stipends.
- Host Country: USA
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- $25,334 Annual Stipends
- Deadline: Not Specified
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The research group of Dr. Sydne Record (https://sydnerecord.blogs.brynmawr.edu/ – relocating to UMaine in Fall 2022) seeks applicants for a M.S. position in Wildlife Ecology or Ecology and Environmental Sciences at the University of Maine in Orono in the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Conservation Biology. Our research group focuses on population and community ecology from a biogeographical perspective.
They are also seeking qualified applicants for a Ph.D. position that will focus on the migration ecology of American woodcock. As a component of their dissertation research, the student will coordinate a large-scale collaborative research project that seeks to better understand woodcock migration throughout eastern North America.
A Postdoc position is also available to work in the labs of Alessio Mortelliti (alessiomortelliti.weebly.com) and Cyndy Loftin (https://www1.usgs.gov/coopunits/staff/479866). The position is focused on developing adaptive protocols for monitoring mammals as they respond to climate and land use change in the Northeast USA. The overarching goal of this project is to provide management agencies with statistically robust camera-trapping monitoring protocols that will allow them to monitor a suite of 15 mammalian species over the next decades across a large spatial scale (i.e. northern New England).
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- meet the requirements of the programme at the University of Maine
- have strong quantitative (GIS, occupancy modelling, mixed-effects modelling) and writing skills.
- have Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from a Wildlife Ecology, Biology, Natural Resource, or related program are required.
- have a GPA >3.0, as well as strong oral and written communication skills and evidence of progress in publishing work from the M.S. degree.
- have relevant field experience
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Netherlands: 2023 Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS) For International Students
Study-In-Switzerland: 2022 University of Geneva Excellence Masters Scholarship for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The MS position is a fully funded 12-months for up to three years and includes tuition and health insurance. There may also be an opportunity to extend the position to a PhD.
- For the PhD position, a $25,334 per year (anticipated 4 years to degree completion) plus tuition and ½ health insurance premium are offered
- The postdoctoral position at the University of Maine flagship institution in Orono, with an active and diverse department. Remote working (within US) is an option. Salary: approximately $52,000 year.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- Cover Letter
- Reference Letters
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to begin their application.