The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students has commenced applications for interested and qualified candidates willing to study in the USA.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship comes with an award covering full tuition, health insurance, and a $23,000 annual stipends for the selected candidates.
The University of Maine is one of the 380 best colleges nationwide, and for a second consecutive year, the only public university in Maine to be profiled by Princeton Review in its annual guide.
- Host Country: USA
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | $23,000 annual stipends
- Deadline: June 1, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Incumbent will participate in a study on freshwater ecology of Northern Forest lowlands, including forested swamps and seeps.
The project will inform understanding of the intermittent wetland habitats and processes associated with management of northeastern lowland forests, focusing on northern white-cedar forests. This includes quantifying ecological impacts in these systems and developing standardized measurement protocols.
The specific objectives are:
1) to compare wetland processes across harvesting treatments in northern white-cedar forests, with particular focus on decomposition, and insect biomass, assemblages, and biodiversity within the wetted environment;
2) to develop standard quantification methods for aquatic leaf litter processing, wood decomposition and insect biodiversity in seasonally wetted lowlands that can be applied throughout the Northern Forest; and
3) to communicate about tradeoffs in wetland ecosystem condition and biodiversity associated with harvest regimes to forestry practitioners to aid lowland forest management planning.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Have a B.S. in biology, ecology, statistics, or other relevant discipline, quantitative skills, interest in aquatic ecology and excellent work ethics.
- Have experience with, and enthusiasm for, macroinvertebrates, R, and other aquatic field and laboratory techniques would be desirable, a willingness to learn and attention to detail are necessities.
- Have Good communication skills are essential as this project will be collaborative with multiple partners including an exciting team of researchers and resource practitioners.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Salary: $23,000 per year (2 years) will be paid through Research Assistantship. Tuition and half of health insurance will be covered by the project. There may also be an opportunity for one or two semesters of Teaching Assistantship support.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Cover Letter
- transcript (unofficial okay)
- Reference letters
Method of Application
We especially encourage applicants from underrepresented or historically excluded groups to apply.
To apply, please click on the button below to commence your application.
Deadline: June 1, 2022
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region