AAUW awards Selected Professions Fellowships to women, including people who identify as women who have achieved high standards of academic excellence and show promise of distinction in their respective fields.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Women in the Focus Professions Group and the Science and Technology Group are both eligible to apply.
Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded for the following master’s programs; Architecture, Computer/information sciences, Engineering, and Mathematics/statistics.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: USA
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: U.S. Citizens | U.S. Residents
- Reward: Full Scholarship | $20,000 grant
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
AAUW encourages applicants interested in funding for bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, certification programs, technical school, and other master’s degrees to consider eligibility guidelines for Career Development Grants.
Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded to women who intend to pursue a full-time course of study at accredited U.S. institutions during the fellowship year in one of the designated degree programs where women’s participation traditionally has been low.
The following disciplines and master’s level degrees are eligible for fellowship funding:
- Architecture (M.Arch.).
- Computer/information science (MS).
- Engineering (ME, MS).
- Mathematics/statistics (MS).
To be considered for the award, you must:
- Be a woman or be identify as woman
- Be citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Have achieved high standards of academic excellence and show promise of distinction in your field
- Be full-time students at an accredited U.S. institution during the fellowship year
- Pursue a course of study in the United States over the full academic year
- Not be previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 University of Waterloo Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for International Students
Duration and Reward
- The Program will last for a year from July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024
- The scholarship program is fully funded with $20,000 grants
- The program will cover Educational expenses, Living expenses, Dependent child care, Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars that does not exceed 10% of the fellowship total
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form (to be completed online)
- 3 Recommendation Letter
- at least one must be from a professor under whom you have studied recently
- at least one dean’s letter (for medical students only)
- Academics Transcripts
- transcripts of postsecondary academic work
- 10-12 reproductions demonstrating a range of the applicant’s design projects no larger than 8×10” in size (for architecture students only)
- sample (limited to 15 pages) displaying your abilities in legal writing (for law students only)
Method of Application
Applicants can only apply for one AAUW award per year. Priority is given to women who do not already hold a master’s or first professional degree.
Notification of decisions will be emailed to all applicants by April 15, 2023
Interested and qualified candidates should apply with the link below