The Behavioral Insights for Global Fisheries Research Group at East Carolina University and the Coastal Studies Institute is seeking to recruit Ph.D. students into its Integrated Coastal Sciences PhD program to start in Fall 2023.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The East Carolina University Scholarship covers a tuition waiver, a 12-month stipend ($25,000), and health insurance for selected applicants.
In addition, the candidates budget for conference travel, equipment, and research shall be provided for by the research group.
Several other scholarships in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipends
- 2023 Bond University HDR Scholarships for Postgraduate Students to study in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and $29,863 annual stipend.
- 2023 HongKong PhD Scholarship Scheme for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $43,430 annual stipend.
The Behavioral Insights for Global Fisheries Research Group at East Carolina University and the Coastal Studies Institute is seeking to recruit 1 or 2 Ph.D. students into its Integrated Coastal Sciences PhD program to start in Fall 2023.
The candidate(s) will co-design an interdisciplinary project with Dr. Wade that intentionally integrates social and ecological components. We are looking for students interested in developing projects under the following two research themes:
- The role of cognitive biases and heuristics on decision-making and behaviors in coastal and marine resource management
- Mental models, social networks, and social dilemmas in small-scale fisheries
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Hold a Master’s degree in anthropology, geography, natural resources management or related fields. Excellent organization, writing, and communication skills.
- Possess experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 University of Waterloo Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- This scholarship covers a tuition waiver, a 12-month stipend ($25,000), and health insurance.
- Funding is guaranteed for the first two years. Funding for the subsequent years is subject to satisfactory progress and available funds.
- In addition, the candidate(s) will have a modest budget for conference travel, equipment, and research.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letter of Interest
- Research Proposal
- Names and e-mails of 2-3 referees
Method of Application
Interested applicants are invited to send a letter of interest outlining previous research experiences. motivation for pursuit of a PhD, research interests, a CV, and names of 2-3 references to Dr. Eric Wade (email@example.com).
This research statement should identify the research theme of interest and potential project ideas, including possible research questions/hypotheses, methods, and intended products.
The application deadline is January 15, 2023, but applicants are encouraged to contact Dr. Wade earlier expressing interest in the position.
Read more about the research group and Dr Wadee using the link provided below.