The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households in the United States.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Each year, the scholarship is awarded to exceptional student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential in any university in the United States.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: United States of America (USA)
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: US Citizens | Residents | International Students
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Living & Study Allowance
- Deadline: September 15, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
A total of 300 grants are available for students to make their dream come true. These scholarships will cover all the expenses of pursuing an undergraduate degree from a US university or college.
Gates Scholars are provided with a Full Financial scholarship to attend any U.S College or University with leadership development opportunities. The Scholarship was started in 1991. There exist a total of 20,000 scholars as of the last cohort in the class of 2020.
The aim of the Bill gates scholarship is to open Educational opportunities for everyone.
To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
*For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Netherlands: 2023 Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS) For International Students
Study-In-Switzerland: 2022 University of Geneva Excellence Masters Scholarship for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Cost of attendance includes
- transportation, and
- may include other personal costs.
An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Method of Application
Interested applicants who be required to create a profile account with the scholarship and then file some necessary and mandatory questions on Profile and educational background, among others.
You will then be considered for this scholarship using the time line below
- Semi-Final Phase (Dec – Jan 2022)
- Selection Phase (April 2023)
- Awards (July-September 2023)