The main part of the Student Summer Research Fellowship programme at ETH Zurich is devoted to doing research in one of the available areas
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Boost you scholarship journey! Follow us on twitter @scholarsregion for the latest updates and access to community support from scholars across the world.— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) November 8, 2021
Time frame: 1 July – 31 August. Please note that the time and duration of the fellowship is fixed to cover the full two months of July and August.
Fellows have the opportunity to explore the vibrant culture of Zurich in the summer as well as the beautiful mountainous landscape of Switzerland in their free time.
- Host Country: Switzerland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Internships | Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: CHF 1.750 | Accommodation
- Deadline: December 15, 2021
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Research experience. Fellows will pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of their interest as part of a research group in our department. This includes interacting and collaborating with group members.
Networking and socialising. A number of on-site socialising events will help fellows to get to know people outside their respective research groups, including current ETH students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
You are eligible for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following conditions:
- You are enrolled in a study programme (bachelor or master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study programme (bachelor or master) is in the year following the fellowship or later
- You will have completed two years of study by start of the programme (master students naturally satisfy this condition)
- The duration of the fellowship is the full two months of July and August, during which time you must be present
- Due to the current COVID-19 safety measures, travel restrictions and quarantine rules, participants must provide a valid certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine or proof of recovery at the beginning of the programme
Duration and Reward
- Stipend. Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF 1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- Accommodation. Affordable housing during the research stay will be organised, once a candidate is accepted into the program. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
List of research areas
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
Method of Application
You will be asked to fill in personal data and upload several documents:
- Your CV. Please use the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from your home university. Use the grading system that your university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that you have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read.
Only complete applications with all the required documents submitted through the application tool sirop can be considered for admission.
Deadline: December 15, 2021
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.
Receive Alerts on: WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp, Twitter: @scholarsregion, Telegram: Scholarship Region, Facebook: Scholarship Region