UK Government Chevening Scholarships is a fully-funded scholarship to undertake any master’s course at any UK university.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK.
The Chevening Scholarship Awards are designed to cover the full cost of studying a Masters degree in the UK, including any additional – accommodation, visa and travel – expenses you may incur as an international student.
UK Government Chevening Scholarships Summary
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation | Airfare Tickets | Free Visa
- No IELTS Required
- Application Open: September 12, 2023
- Deadline: November 7, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
UK Government Chevening Scholarships Details:
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening Scholarships are aimed at international postgraduates with high leadership potential, enabling them to study a Masters at a British university and develop useful professional / academic networks. These connections can then be used to build a strong relationship with the UK and make a positive impact in your home country.
Eligibility Requirements of UK Government Chevening Scholarships
To be considered for the Chevening Scholarship Award, you must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible Chevening country
- Hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK 2.1 (‘upper second-class honours’).
- Have two years’ work experience.
- Have an unconditional offer for a Masters at a UK university
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application.
Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfill your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
Benefits of UK Government Chevening Scholarships
- Master’s courses in the UK typically last for one year, which is shorter than many other countries.
- Successful candidates get the following;
- Full payment of Masters tuition fees.
- Payment of travel to and from the UK
- Payment of visa application fees
- A monthly living allowance (stipend) for accommodation and expenses – this amount will be confirmed in your acceptance letter and will be higher if you’re studying in London
You may also receive an ‘events travel top-up allowance’ to contribute towards the cost of travelling to any mandatory Chevening events, which are usually held in London.
Required Documents for Chevening Scholarships 2024
All Chevening applicants must submit their education documents, references, and one unconditional UK university offer.
The deadlines for these required documents are in the Chevening application timeline. Use the ‘update my application’ button above to upload them.
If you are conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you submit these documents in order to remain in the process.
How to UK Government Chevening Scholarships
To start with, you should apply via your country’s page on the Chevening website, using the Chevening online application system.
For more directive, kindly read through the Step-by-step details on how to apply for The Chevening Scholarship are explained in this link.
Click on the button below to learn more about the Chevening Scholarship and begin your application.