University of Cambridge Mastercard Scholarship is designed to provide talented students from Africa with fully funded opportunities to complete their master’s training, grow in transformative leadership, and contribute to climate resilience and sustainability in Africa and the world at large.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The programme offers scholarships which span the full range of across disciplines in Cambridge except for the following business courses: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Corporate Law (MCL), Master of Finance (MFin).
University of Cambridge Mastercard Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Monthly Stipends
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: January 5, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Details of University of Cambridge Mastercard Scholarship
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Cambridge is pleased to announce that applications for the 2024/2025 University of Cambridge Mastercard Scholarship academic year are now open.
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance.
Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life
Eligibility Requirements of University of Cambridge Mastercard Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship you Must be a citizen of an African country,
- Must be ordinarily resident in an African country unless you can show temporary absence for study/work with an intention to return, or unless you have been displaced.
- Must be applying for a Master’s course of up to one year in length, at the University of Cambridge.
Benefits of University of Cambridge Mastercard Scholarship
- Full Scholarship
- Monthly Stipends
- Airfare Tickets
The application for funding is imbedded in the course application process.
As part of the application process, prospective scholars will be required to provide a supplementary statement that indicates their personal commitment to contributing to climate-resilient and sustainable futures for Africa.
- Applications open: 1 September 2023
- Application and Funding deadline: Depending on your course – either early December 2023 or early January 2023
- Departmental academic assessment: December 2023 – February 2024
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars selection: Late February 2024
- Scholarships offered: March 2024
How to Apply for University of Cambridge Mastercard Scholarship
The Application process commences with an application for admission to the University of Cambridge via the course directory, to be completed by the funding deadline of the course. https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses
The deadline for submitting applications for funding is the 5th of December 2023 for courses with a 5th of December deadline and 5th of January 2024 for courses with a 5th of January deadline. When making an application, pay close attention to the funding deadline.
For any application related inquiries, please check the FAQ section of the website. If the response to your query is not resolved from the available responses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.