Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program offer a variety of options for K–12 educators from the United States, and from primary and secondary schools in participating countries and territories.
Fulbright Teacher Exchanges value applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and types of schools.
Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program Summary:
Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program Details:
Fulbright Teacher Exchange participants equip their students with skills to successfully engage with the world by bringing an international perspective to U.S. schools.
Each year we send nearly 120 educators from across the United States to participate in programs abroad from two weeks to six months. Accepted educators have a wide range of teaching experience in public, private, or charter schools.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program:
Details for this program may vary by country. In general, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current secondary school-level, full-time teacher in an institution serving primarily a local population;
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Five or more years of classroom experience as a teacher of English, English as a foreign language (EFL), mathematics, science, or social studies, including special education teachers in those subject areas;
- Proficient in written and spoken English with a TOEFL score of 450 on the paper-based TOEFL or an equivalent English-language examination;**
- Demonstrated commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program; and
- A complete application.
Secondary-level teachers include both middle and high school teachers working with students between approximately 12 and 18 years of age. Teachers responsible for teaching additional grade levels must teach middle school or high school students more than 50% of their work time in order to be eligible for the program.
Benefits of Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program
The Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program is fully funded pending availability of funds.
How to Apply for 2024 Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program:
Please inquire from the US Embassy or Fulbright commission in your country or territory for deadline information.
Use the link below to process your application. Make sure you pick the program that fits your qualifications and your country