Westerwelle Young Founders Program is a 6-month fellowship for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging markets.
It brings together leaders from all over the world, who are united in the pursuit to achieve entrepreneurial greatness.
In this article, you will having a clear overview of all you need to apply for the program successfully
Westerwelle Young Founders Program Summary
Westerwelle Young Founders Program Scholarship Details:
The Westerwelle Young Founders Program offer targeted support to scale our founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following programme plan:
- Kick-Off Event: A two-day digital kick-off event will take place in the beginning of March 2024.
- Remote Programme: From March – August, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, monthly peer learning sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- Berlin Conference: The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Berlin in June 2025. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get insights into the German start-up scene.
Eligibility Requirements for Westerwelle Young Founders Program 2024
To be considered for the Westerwelle Young Founders Program, you must:
- You are a citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for the six months.
Benefits of the 2024 Westerwelle Young Founders Program
- 5-day conference in Berlin / 6 months remote programme
- Exposure to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem through a fully funded 5-day conference together with the other founders for the top 10 participants.
Required Documents for the Westerwelle Young Founders Program
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form for Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
- Signed highest diploma (photocopy).
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English).
- Research results: Published thesis, award certificates, etc. to prove their academic achievements and research capabilities.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English, a minimum of 800 words for master applicants and 1500 words for PhD applicants).
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English).
- Chinese HSK Certificate
- Photocopy of Passport Photo Page
- Signed No Criminal Activity Certificate (in English or Chinese)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy)
How to Apply for the Westerwelle Young Founders Program (Step by Step)
The following form is the first phase of the Westerwelle Young Founders Program application process and will provide our Programme Team with a general overview of your startup and profile.
We may then request additional information and documentation.
The application will take approximately 8 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Application deadline: Sunday, 11 February at 23:59 CET
Interviews with shortlisted candidates: 19 February – 8 March
Notification of all applicants: 11 March
If you want to learn more about the programme, you can register to join the Info Call on 31 January, 14:00 – 15:00 CET by clicking here.
For technical issues ONLY (i.e. cannot submit form): please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to learning from you!