The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments. The goal is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible.
World Trade Organization Essay Award Summary
World Trade Organization Essay Award Details:
The World Trade Organization has issued a call for young economists to submit papers for the 2024 WTO Essay Award. The aim of the award is to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 World Trade Organization Essay Award:
To be considered for the award, applicants must:
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade cooperation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defense.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors.
- In addition, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
Benefits of World Trade Organization Essay Award:
The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors. The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), the largest conference specializing in international trade. The award ceremony will take place on 12-14 September 2024 at Athens University in Greece. The winning author will receive funding to attend the meeting.
Required Documents for World Trade Organization Essay Award:
To apply for the Essay award, the following documents must be submitted:
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).
How to Apply for World Trade Organization Essay Award:
To apply for the World Trade Organization Essay Award, interested and qualified applicants should use the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button to proceed to the application page.