Chevron Sales Development Program attracts undergraduates from top-tier universities who are enthusiastic about a career in sales and aspire to work in a challenging and rewarding business.
The 4-month program offers the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to be successful in sales in an accelerated format that includes formal mentoring, formal and informal training, and field work.
After completing the program’s 4-month curriculum you will have enough experience and knowledge to begin your sales career. You will be placed in a sales role in one of several different locations across the United States with a formal mentor to help you succeed in your new position. Accelerate your career at Chevron by joining the Sales Development Program.
Chevron is one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria and one of its largest investors. In Nigeria, we operate under a joint-venture arrangement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for the onshore and offshore assets in the Niger Delta region.
Chevron also has extensive interests in multipartner deepwater operations. We operate the Agbami Field, one of Nigeriaï¿½s largest deepwater discoveries.
- Thrive in a high-performance culture that values teamwork and collaboration
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills
- Are self-starters with aptitude and interest in interacting with customers daily
- Have a passion for sales and sales management
- Have sound technical and analytical skills, as demonstrated through strong academic performance
- Are excited when presented with complex challenges to solve
- Geographical flexibility and strong desire to live and work in several areas across the U.S.
Duration and Reward
This 4-month development program offer instructor-led, web-based, and hands-on training, all designed to help you gain new experiences and transform your skills. You will focus on the key competencies for a successful sales career at Chevron including:
- Value-based selling
- Relationship management
- Sales technology
- Technical skills and
This program is just the opportunity you need to hit the ground running and set yourself up for an exciting career with Chevron
what you’ll do
- Full-time program
As part of the Sales Development Program, you will learn directly from our experts who are leading the way for sales and product innovation in the lubricants industry. This 4-month development program offers instructor-led, web-based, and hands-on training – all designed to help you gain new experiences and transform your skills. You will focus on the key competencies for a successful sales career at Chevron including value-based selling, relationship management, sales technology, technical skills, and coaching. This program is just the opportunity you need to hit the ground running and set yourself up for an exciting career with Chevron.
The 10-12 week summer internship is designed to give you sales and sales related experiences in the Lubricants business. Internship assignments are project-oriented. They are challenging and impactful – just like assignments in the full-time program. The internship assignment will be in the Lubricants business with a focus on the teams and functions within or directly adjacent to sales. Recent internship experiences include projects in Sales Operations, Marketing, Marketing and Sales Technology, and Planning & Optimization. Interns are often hired into our full-time Sales Development Program upon graduation.
Method of Application
The following summarizes the recruiting model used for hiring Lubricants Sales Development Program members:
- Hire Sales interns via an intensive behavioral and case interview, allowing Chevron and the candidate the opportunity to get to know each other (the internship serves us as an extended interview)
- Make full-time program offers on the basis of the performance and behaviors observed during the summer internship
- Recruit for full-time program members in the Fall recruiting season
*Chevron regrets it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for positions within the program.