The Commonwealth Secretariat has various opportunities available, including within health, youth, climate change, and international trade, among others.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 independent and equal sovereign states. Its unique strength lies in the combination of its diversity and shared inheritance.
The Commonwealth Secretariat in London is the principal intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth and its backbone, promoting democracy, rule of law, human rights, good governance, and social and economic development.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to support youth empowerment through our Young Professionals Programme (YPP).
The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge, and fresh perspectives.
To be considered,
- You must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 years or younger at the time applications close.
- You will need to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area, and
- have at least one year of demonstrated work experience in the design and delivery of subject relevant development or democracy programmes/projects.
Further information on each position can be found by clicking on the relevant link below.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
We currently have various opportunities available across the Secretariat, including within health, youth, climate change, and international trade, among others. The full list of vacancies is detailed below.
If you would like to submit an application for any of the positions, please do so by clicking on the relevant link below:
- Assistant Programme Officer (Asia Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Caribbean Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Pacific Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Stakeholder Engagement)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Software Development)
- Assistant Research Officer (Climate Change)
- Assistant Research Officer (Office of the Secretary-General)
- Assistant Health Officer
- Assistant Research Officer (International Trade Policy)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Governance and Peace Directorate)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Sport for Development and Peace)
- Assistant Economic Analyst
These positions are 2 year fixed-term contracts and individual applications will need to be made for each position.
Method of Application
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter.
Covering letters should be structured to address the key criteria required in the person specification, giving clear examples.
Use the link below to access the application portal